It Is About Time That Lee Got a Blog: Emerging Technologies


It Is About Time That Lee Got a Blog

This blog contains snippets from all of the useless information stored in my head. While mostly made up of links to things that caught my interest, there may also be some original thoughts once in a while

Monday, March 27, 2006

Emerging Technologies

I consider myself somewhat of a geek (ok - quite a geek), but I found myself unfamiliar with many of the "10 emerging technologies" listed by MIT's Technology Review magazine. The one with the most direct applicability to our industry is universal authentication, systems that allow users to "hop securely from one site to another after signing on just once." Many attempts have been made, including Microsoft's Passport service, but none have caught on. It is interesting to see that there are new efforts, such as Shibboleth, which may one day help us avoid having to remember so many usernames and passwords to multiple sites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home