It Is About Time That Lee Got a Blog: NY is a Small Town


It Is About Time That Lee Got a Blog

This blog contains snippets from all of the useless information stored in my head. While mostly made up of links to things that caught my interest, there may also be some original thoughts once in a while

Saturday, January 21, 2006

NY is a Small Town

A small world story from New York:

I was up at PS/MS 95 in the Bronx this morning working on a mural with students as part of the kasina Foundation's efforts. On the way back, Steven and I stopped at Ideal Cheese on the Upper East Side (the city's best cheese shop) to pick up some snacks.

While there, Emeril Lagasse came in with two friends to buy a large amount of cheese, partially for a dinner this evening that he is doing with Mario Batali (Emeril is making the risotto). We halfheartedly tried to get an invite, and then went on our way with our cheese. Fast-forward 30 minutes later, and after dropping Steven and his son off, I was walking home from the garage when who should stop at the corner of 8th Street and Broadway but Mario Batali (on his lime green Vespa and wearing shorts, as always). I let him know that Emeril had picked up some great cheeses and that he was in for some great risotto - Mario laughed, said he was looking forward to it, and sped off. It wasn't my best celebrity interaction (most of you know my Meg Ryan story), but it did make me realize how small New York can feel sometimes.

1 Comments:

  • At 1/23/2006 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think I know the Meg Ryan story. Fill me in (or remind me) someday...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home