It Is About Time That Lee Got a Blog: The Web's Father Blogs


It Is About Time That Lee Got a Blog

This blog contains snippets from all of the useless information stored in my head. While mostly made up of links to things that caught my interest, there may also be some original thoughts once in a while

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Web's Father Blogs

In time for the 15th anniversary of the World Wide Web, its founder (Tim Berners-Lee) has launched a blog (which unfortunately will focus on very geeky issues). In his first post, I am reminded of how visionary this man was/is. He writes: "In 1989 one of the main objectives of the WWW was to be a space for sharing information. It seemed evident that it should be a space in which anyone could be creative, to which anyone could contribute. ... Now in 2005, we have blogs and wikis, and the fact that they are so popular makes me feel I wasn't crazy to think people needed a creative space."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home