It Is About Time That Lee Got a Blog: Media Age Business Tips From U2


It Is About Time That Lee Got a Blog

This blog contains snippets from all of the useless information stored in my head. While mostly made up of links to things that caught my interest, there may also be some original thoughts once in a while

Friday, December 02, 2005

Media Age Business Tips From U2

The New York Times writes about how U2 has been able to, 25 years in, attract four million people to 130 sold-out shows this year and gross over $300 million next year. The author says that in order to understand that, "you have to look at U2 less as a band than as a multimillion-dollar, multinational media company." I would definitely agree with the author that they have been "one of the smarter [companies] around." U2 has never been among my top 10 bands (or probably even my top 20), but they are Melinda's favorite, so I have seen them twice in the past two months (including the show mentioned at the beginning of the article) and I have noticed that they are doing a lot of things right as their fans are die-hard loyal. The Times article does a good job of hiting on many of the reasons why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home